What are the benefits of Decision Intelligence?
A decision intelligence (DI) platform enhances decision-making by providing recommendations and decision-making context when and where the decision-maker needs them. Decision Intelligence is uniquely positioned to help make sense of vast quantities of data, particularly where a clearly defined outcome or metric is measurable. Decision intelligence is considered a diagnostic tool owing to its ability to enable companies to answer the ‘why’ behind alterations to business metrics, so companies can more easily and readily understand the reason sales have changed, or why customer churn has occurred, for instance. Additionally, DI operates in a continuous manner because it constantly monitors data for changes that will affect KPIs and provides proactive updates when new data arrives.
The key benefits of decision intelligence include:
- Automate and accelerate insight discovery to deliver actionable recommendations
- Continuously surface hidden drivers of business change to keep a pulse on KPIs without hours of manual analysis, so an organization can take action to capitalize on opportunities and address problems in real-time
- Make number-intensive data and business analytics metrics easily comprehensible for users who aren’t skilled analysts
- Provide contextual intelligence to make data more understandable and useful, providing context to make it clear how KPIs and other data are relevant to end users
- Enable better informed, more data-driven decision-making faster than traditional BI too. Give users actionable insights and recommendations for decision-making, while also allowing them to drill down to see more granular data to support a user’s decision and its impact